Janelle’s Areas of Practice
- Banking & Securities
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Competition & Consumer Law (Trade Practices)
- Equity & Trusts
- Fertility Law
- Intellectual Property & Franchising
- Trusts & Managed Investment Schemes
Australian Consumer Law • Banking & Finance • Bankruptcy & Insolvency • Clubs & Associations Commercial leases • Confidential information and customer databases • Construction & Engineering • Consumer/Fair Trading & Product Liability • Contracts • Director’s duties • Distribution and wholesale agreements • Executive compensation • Family law • Fertility law/names on birth certificates • Financial advisers and accountants • Former employees • Franchising • Insurance • Intellectual Property • Internet and software distribution • Licence agreements • Liquidations and receiverships • Media • Medical Negligence • Medical practices and specialists • Mergers and acquisitions • Partnership disputes • Privacy law • Professional Negligence • Property, real estate and conveyancing • Put and call options • Resources, Energy & Mining • Restraint of trade and non-competition clauses • Retail shop leases • Retirement Villages • Same sex-relationships • Securities and investment advisor issues • Shareholder disputes • Share option plans • Small business • Sports law • Superannuation • Third line forcing and anti-competitive conduct • Trademarks, patents • Trade Practices • Trusts and Trustee’s duties • Wills, Estates & Succession
Arbitration and Commissions of Inquiry
Janelle is experienced in ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution), including expert determination and arbitrations.
Janelle Payne is available as Counsel in Arbitrations in the same way as she accepts briefs to appear in all Courts.
She has a wealth of experience in assessing expert reports and a love of cross-examining experts, from forensic experts to insolvency accountants.
Ms Payne is interested in being involved in Commissions of Inquiry.
Janelle has a working knowledge of Queensland and Commonwealth legislation, including:
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- Property Law Act 1974 (Qld)
- Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth)
- Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Qld)
- Partnership Act 1891 (Qld)
- Retirement Villages Act 1999 (Qld)
- Retail Shop Leases Act 1994 (Qld)
- Queensland Building & Construction Commission Act 1991 (Qld)
- Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 (Qld)
- Trusts Act 1973 (Qld)
- Mineral Resources Act 1989 (Qld)
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (Australian Consumer Law)
- Trade Practices (Industry Codes – Franchising) Regulations 1998 (Franchising Code of Conduct)
- Superannuation (Resolution of Complaints) Act 1993 (Cth) (Complaints Act)
- Surrogacy Act 2010 (Qld)
- Status of Children Act 1978
- Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Act 2003
- Acts Interpretation Act 1954 (Qld)
- Succession Act 1891 (Qld)
- Guardianship and Administration Act 2000 (Qld)
- Powers of Attorney Act 1998 (Qld)
Janelle Payne is a proud member of Burnett Lane Chambers.
For more information about her areas of practice or a copy of her CV, please visit:
Direct access briefing:
Janelle only accepts briefs from solicitors, law firms or government agencies and does not accept direct access briefs from the general public. If you are a member of the general public, the Find a Solicitor function on the Queensland Law Society Website (www.qls.com.au) enables you to search online for solicitors and law firms in Queensland. Please then have your solicitor contact Janelle to discuss your matter further